Sunday, June 29, 2014

Combination Exercises!

I’m a big fan of combination/total body exercises as you can target several muscle groups in one big movement. Combining your upper, lower body and core can burn a lot of calories as well as boost your metabolism. In the video one of my clients is performing a reverse lunge to 1 arm landmine press, which is a challenging combination. I first learned this variation from strength coach Eric Cressey as I thought this was a cool combination.I love the landmine especially for the way it challenges your core/trunk through different planes of motion.

A couple benefits you can get from combination exercises are:

Improved balance and coordination

Burn fat and build total body muscle

I like to always include a combination exercise of some sort in my own workout plan as well as my clients workout routine especially if there
goal is fat loss.


No comments:

Post a Comment