Saturday, August 2, 2014

Experimenting with our latest kitchen tool -Spiral Vegetable Slicer!

We recently purchased a spiral vegetable slicer after researching recipes showing healthy alternatives for pasta. A popular one is to replace it with zucchini. The good thing about zucchini noodles is that you won't get that bloated feeling... that you get from eating pasta, which I don't particularly like, its very low in carbohydrates, and it's gluten free! I was definitely keen to try this out as I had already purchased some fresh zucchini from the farmers market, so I was all set to put the new tool to the test!


3 medium size Zucchini
Half of each Red and green bell peppers
1 medium red onion
TJ's all natural chicken sweet Italian style chicken sausage
1 cup sliced bella mushrooms
Organic mushroom Marinara sauce(whole foods)
TJ's Everyday seasoning and black pepper
TJ's Olive oil
Avocado(optional)


I was very impressed with how the machine just sliced through the zucchini. After slicing it all, I placed the zucchini on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzled some olive oil and sprinkled some TJ's everyday seasoning on top, then baked it for around 20min or just until they were a bit tender.
To add to it I sautéed the chicken sausage with bell peppers, mushrooms, red onion and some everyday seasoning and black pepper. I then added the marinara sauce last. Finally, added half an avocado for some healthy fats.
Now you have a healthy balanced meal!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment